Monday, April 16, 2007

It Might Be Love




I may have had some mild success with this one. However, while I might have sewed them, the Easter Bunny took credit for them. Dontcha just love that?? Regardless of who gets the praise, I can't begin to convey the joy that M. and I feel when we get to share some of our own holiday memories; and create them again for our wee ones. It brings us many smiles, and I think it also brings us closer together as a couple. It's fun to share these parts of our lives that we each did not witness for the other. After all, our childhoods shape such a large part of the adult we become, yet most of us do not get to experience our partner's early years.
It's amazing what a few pieces from the scrap bag, a couple hours of insommnia, and Hillary Lang's fun and simple pattern can create! The boys seemed to love their Wee Bunnys (pattern here) and I admit to feeling not a small twitter of pleasure at their reaction.

But as I update this I feel sadness and weakness in my heart, with the news today coming from Virginia Tech University. What is there to say?
Wishing you, and yours, peace tonight.



No comments: